- Equity School was launched by a few people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of AIDS Orphans and other vulnerable children in Kenya,
- The goal is the empowerment of Rusinga Island’s AIDS orphans and those too poor to otherwise go to school,
- Established in 2013 in an old corrugated iron shed with an earth floor, no furniture and no resources except a single personal computer.
- Even with limited resources the school now supports over 100 students with education as well as basic healthcare and daily meals,
- All fundraising is done by volunteers, that means 100% of money raised go directly to running of the school and student welfare projects,
- AIDS has severely impacted on the lives of the children and on the earning ability of a large number of people in the community, Equity School the only opportunity for many children in the community to receive an education,
- The number of AIDS orphans continue to rise in the community due to poverty, a lack of education about transmission and the inability of those afflicted to pay for medical treatment,
- Although Equity itself is a registered school meeting Kenyan national standards, it is not eligible for Kenyan government funding as it is a private school,
- The Equity School is founded on compassion and has given hope to the community of a more secure future.